Carey is involved with a number of charities and causes that are close to her heart. Most recently adding her media expertise to a national American Heart Association Think Tank in Dallas, Texas, alongside AHA’s CEO and other prestigious members of the heart health community.
Over the years she has served as Co-Host of the MDA Telethon helping to raise millions of dollars for “Jerry’s Kids”.
She’s worked extensively on causes that benefit our Veterans including serving as Emcee of the Veterans Day Parade.
Other charity events Carey has considered it an honor to support or emcee:
- American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Arizona Humane Society Compassion with Fashion
- Catholic Community Foundation
- Central Arizona Shelter Services
- Chicanos Por La Causa Esperanza Awards and the CPLC Anniversary Dinner
- Childhelp Wings
- Childhelp Drive the Dream
- Christian Service Awards
- Free Arts
- Global Family Philanthropy
- One Community Spotlight on Success: Arizona LGBT Heroes
- Phoenix Heart Ball
- Project Pink to benefit Assistance in Healthcare
- Susan G. Komen
- UCP Champions for Life
- United Blood Services Hero for Life Awards
- Valley Leadership Man and Woman of the Year Awards
Especially rewarding to Carey is when she is able to lend her voice to events that support and empower women and young women such as:
- Dress for Success: Suit for the Stars – A Night in her Shoes
- Florence Crittenton Teaming up for Girls Luncheon
- Girl Scouts of American Women and Young Women of Distinction Awards
Carey has also enjoyed guest lecturing at ASU as well as speaking to high school, middle school and elementary students over the years. She is the 2018 Commencement Speaker for Bryan University.